Thursday, May 21, 2009

Father Albert, you have a Girlfriend???

Father Albert is a very popular priest and very well-known in the hispanic population. I am not sure if he is so well-kown for others but in the hispanic population everyone has now heard about the issue with Father Albert, you know the priest who was caught with his girlfriend. Well I am not Catholic but I respect what everyone thinks. A lot of people are pointing their fingers and talk badly about Father Albert but, in my personal opinion I think he is not doing anything wrong. Like I said if someone feel differently it is okay with me but I feel like everyone is human and has just as much right as another to have a family or someone to love. I don’t see having a couple as committing a crime or a sin. What I do understand is that he should have told his congregation and the people who followed him about this earlier. Also instead of lying to the church he should have told them that something unexpected had occurred. Although he may have been critiqued by the church he could still be devoted to the religion and have a life with someone he loved. Something I feel very strongly about is that it is much better for him to have a life partner instead of committing other horrible things that are sins and crimes such as sexually abusing little kids. I noticed that when a priest sexually abuses a child there is controversy but now that one was caught with a woman doing normal things, the controversy is much greater. Also although Father Albert is a priest, he is also human like any other man he is not a God or free of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment