A brief description of cheating is an act of deception, lying, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating implies breaking rules. With this is mind comes the big question, why do married men cheat on their wives? As I was doing research on the internet on this interesting topic, I came across many articles with various reasons on why married people cheat and in particular why married men cheat on the wives.
Some statistics say that roughly 50 percent of married men will cheat, and at least 81 percent won't admit to it even after a woman asks that searing question.
One website has top 10 reasons why married men cheat. Below is the list from that site.
1. Boredom - Men tend to get bored of their married life. Life at times become monotonous.
2. A roving eye -Men are supposed to have a roving eye.They like looking and admiring other women.
3. A nagging wife - Many husbands get fed up with a nagging wife at home.
4. A neglected wife - A man gets fed up with a wife who does not take care of herself and prefers a better looking woman.
5. Sexual incompatibility - A few years down the line a husband may feel his emotional and physical needs are not being met.
6. To try out something new - A man feels he needs a change of scene and would like to spend time with someone different.
7. Easy access to female companionship - Often on bussiness trips, a man tends to take advantage of being with another female colleague and enters into a relationship with her.
8. Male ego - some husbands often feel superior about being a man and like to focus on their macho qualities of being able to attract another woman.
9. Peer pressure - Some friends may cajole a him into trying out something new.
10. Wife paying too much attention to children and household chores - a husband may feel neglected, because he wants more attention, so he gets an excuse to get it from an outsider.
I disagree the above reasons, I believe these are just excuses that allow men to cheat. If there is a problem in a marriage I believe the best way is to solve it or make it better
I strongly believe it is wrong for a married man to cheat on his wife, regardless of the reason that leads him to do so. I am not trying to be harsh on men, we hear all the time cases of married women cheating on their husbands as well. Everyone should remember the vows they exchanged when they got married, the promise to foresake all others and be faithful only to him or her. For those who did not officially get married, they at least made promises to each other before agreeing to start a life together. What do you think?
Two celebrities reminders: Tiger Woods and Jesse James affairs.