Saturday, October 22, 2011

File:Spice drug.jpg

I recently found out about a new “legal” drug that is used every day by many people and it could possibly be worst than some illegal drugs. It’s called Herbal Incents and technically they are supposed to be used as incents but people smoke it. After I did a little bit of research about this I found out that it is called “spice” and apparently it makes you feel high for a short period of time. Throughout my research I found out that when you smoke spice the chemical JWH-073 and JWH-018 enter your body. You could compare this to marijuana by saying that there is THC in it. But JWH-073 and 018 could cause seizures, agitation, vomiting, and jitteriness if you consume a large amount at one time. THC does not cause any of these symptoms at any amount of consumption. Spice also has been shown to cause symptoms of addiction in many everyday users. Spice is a legal substance and it is sold in many different areas of the country. You could buy it from head shops and a lot of gas stations. There is a gas station near my house in Columbia that sells it. Although it is legal, smoking or consuming it in any other way is Illegal. I don’t understand how the law could get any stupider. How could u sell 1 gram of Herbal Incents for 30 dollars?? It is obvious that everyone knows that no one uses this to make their house smell good… so my question is how is marijuana illegal when drugs like spice are legal and it has a lot more harmful effects on a person’s body than marijuana would have.

2 comments:

  1. Spice isn't legal anymore. It's been labeled as a cause for concern, therefore people that are selling it are doing so illegally.
    I've smoked spice before and it made me hallucinate and I never want to do it again and no one else should either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete