Friday, October 21, 2011

Thank You Cards: Not Just for Salad Anymore!

When did it become acceptable not to say thank you for acts of kindness. A simple thank you can really go a long way. Saying thank you doesn't take a lot of effort and it typically makes people feel good about themselves. The problem with our society now is that we put too many limitations on thank you(s). The criteria for receiving a thank you should be reevaluated and expanded, so more people can receive the thank you(s) they deserve.

With this notion in mind, I think Hallmark should have a section dedicated to Thank You cards for sex. Just think how many trips to court could be saved if people could get a thank you card for their "services". One night stands no longer have to awkward, because a Thank You card could remove all of those weird feelings. What better way to show that you appreciate someone lowering their standards for the night, than a Thank You Card.

Sample contents from the new Thank You Card:


Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

I never had anyone give it up,

Quite like you.


It wasn't my best performance,

But cut me some slack,

I thought you were trying to kill me,

The way you were throw'n it back.


The whole costume thing,

I thought it was wrong,

But since it was our 1st time,

I just played along.


Before it got too weird,

You made it all fine,

Because when I asked, Who's was it?

You said it was mine.


I used my go to moves,

And you tried some things new,

Either way our weird sex was amazing,

And I just wanted to say....

THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that over time we no longer use please and thank you. When I was younger please and thank you were used everywhere whether it was in public or at the kitchen table. I’m appalled some days at how shocked people are when I thank them for nice gestures such as holding the door. Over time we’ve replaced excuse me, please, and thank you with nods of the head, a quick wave, or even the annoying throat clearing cough. I’m not expecting a handwritten paragraph thanking me for holding the door, but a quick “Hey thanks!” would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete