Friday, September 10, 2010

Am I Really Going Green?

Every time I turn on my television or walk down the street I constantly see things that encourage me to recycle and save the earth. I am not sure if the things I do even make a difference. All of the ads tell me that we need to save our environment but not giving me enough ways to really do this. So how can I make an impact on something I don’t even completely understand? I do research and buy better products for the environment and people are still complaining that I am doing something wrong.

In the race to become healthier to the environment, I believe that more people are focusing on forcing people to stop buying and really they should worry about being affective. To be honest people will never stop buying, but we can offer alternative purchases. It will be hard to get people to change their lifestyles when you’re using gloom and doom advertising, when people are still in the "what’s-in-it-for-me phase". If you encourage consumers to investigate more before buying they could do a lot more for the environment without really giving anything up. When considering the purchases we make day-to-day most of the time we are not willing to give them up. When coming up with the concept of going green critics need to realize that we need to start somewhere. If everyone made just an little change that would make a bigger impact, rather than promoting that they need to change their lifestyle majorly and if they don't we will all die. Many consumers have realized that global warming is real, now we need to inform the people that don't know the small things they can do.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand you and they do force things on people and make people feel bad if they do no recycle. But the environment is being destroyed by us because of how we have treated our plant and we must give back to the plant. I work at target and we do a lot of recycling. We have set out 4 bins, for trash, cell phones, plastic bags and ink cartilages. We have even allowed people to save money on using reusable bags. Every reusable bag you use you save 5 cents. I personally give them 5 cents off if they do not use a bag because they are saving the earth. These little steps will help us out and we need the world to change and it shouldn't have to be forced on but its all we got. We are in desperate need of change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For any society when emphasis is put on a certain area, we usually see change in that area. The same is with going green, if a law is not put into place then the media must put the focus on the act. That is why we see so many people talking about and going green. I think it is very important to the future of our children to have a earth that is not totally polluted. So if I have to change what I do or put a bottle in a certain bin, so be it. I think my grandchildren will be glad I did and they won't have to walk around with a gas mask all day..hopefully.

    ReplyDelete