Thursday, September 16, 2010

iPhone's

With the general elections being held this week, I thought I would take the opportunity to talk about something else people go crazy over: Cell phones. I don’t know why people care so much about what kind of phone you are using or not. Really I don’t. A few years ago I had just a normal old “captain Kirk” cell phone and it treated me just fine. I made calls and received calls, I sent texts and it received them just as well. Then in 2007 Apple released an iPhone. I already had an iPod and heard people talking about how great this iPhone was so I decided to check it out. Looking this thing over it looked really great except for the $600 dollar price (yes this is what they cost originally). I thought I would never be able to afford such a thing. A month or 2 later I received some back pay from the Navy that I had been waiting on and it was more than I ever expected. I bought a few things for my house and I decided hey why not buy that iPhone for my girlfriend at the time as a surprise. This was my downfall. I couldn’t keep my hands off of it; I just had to play with it. This thing was like nothing I had ever seen. It was like a laptop for your pocket. Ever since then I have been fascinated with the iPhone. I had the iPhone 2 and then I bought the iPhone 3. By this point my friends began to take notice of my phone and they began playing with it. Pretty soon they bought themselves an iPhone. I think just by my friends looking at mine I sold between 8-10. Where’s my royalty check Apple? When Iphone 4 came out I made my reservation and stood in line. I showed up to the Apple store on Bethesda Row at 9am and was walking away around noon with my brand new phone. I have never been let down by the iPhone. When IPhone people see each other they begin discussing automatically what apps they have or if it’s too hard to see because if it has a case on it, the question always is “is it a 4?” It’s like an unspoken brotherhood. What I don’t get is when people see an iPhone user they begin to tell that person how great their phone is. They begin to mention everything they hear on the news or what some guy on some website says. Why? Do you think I’m going to throw my phone on the ground and jump up and down on it and break it to bits because of something your brother’s roommate’s best friend says? To be honest I’m not even sure what over smart phones are out on the market. I really don’t care. I like what I like. Have you ever seen an iPhone person tell somebody how shitty the phone the next guy was using is?

3 comments:

  1. It is a love hate realtionship between my iphone and I. But it is the best phone I have ever had and I love what it can give me. All the apps you could ever think of in your hand all at once. It comes in handy when I need the internet real fast. I was tempted to buy the iphone 4 but they want a ridiculous amount of money monthly. I am just fine with my iphone that I have now. But it is a great phone and if you make good money then I think this will be a great purchase to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate to toot the iPhone 4’s horn especially because I’m not getting paid to do so but I really feel that it is worth every penny. Not just from an app’s view but in the overall features, fit and finish. Its like I said I have no clue what other phones do and don’t do but this phone never ceases to amaze me with every update that Apple provides. Excuse me for getting too nerdy but why dould you need a phone to print out things on the go? Thanks Apple for making such an awesome product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all my ipods so i would probably be terrible with an iphone. there are the hardest thing to take care of. i break almost every phone i get and i definatly dont want that to happento something im going to pay 400 dollars for. its a great phone an d it does amazing things. but if it is not appropriate for your lifestyle or spending habits. dont do it. my mom always says she will never be in debt because of a phone.

    ReplyDelete