Monday, November 9, 2009

Youth on the internet

In today's society it seems as if more and more young adults , teenaegers, and even pre-tenagers are in continous use of the internet. A lot of the internet use involves communication. Internet websites such as Facebook and Myspace allow not only youths but anyone to access others profile if they accept their request. This allows almost anyone to get involved into other peoples personal lives and learn information about them without even knowing the person. I also feel like this allows people to start up "relationships" with people they have never even met or talked to in person before. By starting off a relationship of any kind in this way I think that it allows anyone to pretend to be someone they are not. Not to mention this can be very dangerous for young youths meeting people they think there the same "age". WHen actaully there older men/woman who ahave sick disease trying to get sex from youths .I also feel like youths communication skills will be thrown off by not even having the need to talk ith some one face to face. Anytime someone wants to "meet" some one all they have to do is get on the computer. In a way there would never even be a need to go new places or even leave your home. The problem with this I feel is that if this continues, what happens when they have to meet some one in real life or even after they meet someone online they don't have real confidence to just be themself. What happen to going to meet someone for lunch or giving your friends an actual call.

5 comments:

  1. While I definitely agree that overexposure to the internet can be problematic, for people that don't have particularly strong social skills it can be the difference between feeling like a reclusive hermit and a normal person.

    Many of the bonds that I've formed on the internet have led to perfectly healthy friendships that I cherish every bit as much as the ones that I've made between coworkers and friends at school - so I don't think it's all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea i thinkyoung teens are being to exposed to things they do not need to see or do. I think there needs to be an age limit for people trying to create myspace and facebook accounts. And i would also never trust talking to strangers online because this world is too crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this is so true. The internet has become a big problem for young teens in todays society. Kids now a days have access to so many different resources. Myspace and facebook are prime examples. Children dont think about the consequences when they search the web. For example they can give out personal information and strangers can come find them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The internet is just really inpersonal and just so happens to be convenient..so if you don't feel like calling that person and holding a real conversation you can leave a comment on their facebook wall...and facebook and myspace became so popular because basically people are noisey and like checking other people's profile so what they are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the internet is great. My mom told me how she lost contact with all of her friends after high school. With today’s technology I have stayed in touch with my friends through facebook and I know that I will for years. Although I do agree with you when saying that the internet is being used too much, I do believe that it is a great way to stay in contact with your friends and family. Not only can I look at their pictures and see what they’ve been up to since the last time I saw them, but I can even visit their farm.

    ReplyDelete