Thursday, September 15, 2011

Over exposed?







Today at the mall I was walking with the two little girls I nanny when I came across a teenager who had his pants under his butt. The three yr old took notice of him and asked me, why he was showing his underwear. Even though she is just a child, I didn’t know how to respond without giving her my full honest opinion on why he was dressed that way. So, I simply told her that he didn’t know any better and that he wasn’t being nice by showing us his underpants. She made her usually yucky face and forgot about it. However, that made me wonder, why do people wear their pants like that? Haven’t they noticed that it’s repulsive for others to see the outline of their butt cheeks? Or how people perceive them? So many questions were crossing my mind; I decided to look them up online. I was shocked to hear that I wasn’t the only one who didn’t approve of sagging pants. Apparently throughout the country law makers are making this “fashion trend” illegal. Not only for the indecency of the matter but because they associate this style with delinquency and crime. I for one approve for these laws but not necessary for the illicit aspect, but more for the courtesy of others. I mean have you seen how they walk? They are practically holding up their pants from falling down. That should tell them that something is not OK. The problem for me consists of whether or not telling people what they can or cannot wear going against the First Amendment? Because if they decide to crack down on baggie pants, the law should also penalize woman with super short skirts or having a whale tail (exposed thong)!! I mean, I find exposed thongs just as offensive as a guy showing me his backside. So for now, proposed bans are being considered in several towns and cities… Including are own beautiful Baltimore!! So if I were you I double check in the mirror before walking out!

2 comments:

  1. This blog is absolutely hilarious to me! This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I have three brothers and can’t imagine any one of them walking around with their pants sagging to the ground. I’m not sure where this style originated, but it seems to be sticking around. I don’t understand why guys rather waddle down the street rather than simply pulling up their pants. The sad things is that these guys are being judged by other people simply based on this “fashion” choice. Some parents attribute this style to phases, or they just chose not to fight this battle. I think that fashion doesn’t include people seeing your underwear, but that’s my opinion. Nonetheless I can’t wait for this trend to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete