Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, we take time to honor those who have made the necessary sacrifices to defend our nation. Time and time again military members are called upon to protect the interest of the United States. Military members have always answered that call with integrity and honor because they understand what it means to put "service before self." Veterans are some of the few that know the true cost of freedom. For many, the cost of freedom was life. A price that none of us should pay. Which makes us forever in debt to those who made that ultimate sacrifice. I know that I owe my life to the veterans that have served before me. I lack the words to describe the gratitude that I have for the men and women who served and made it possible for me to have the opportunities I have today. By volunteering my own service, I hope that I can continue this tradition of honor.

The courage of our military is only surpassed by the courage of their families, who truly understand the challenge of living with the absence of a love one. My heart goes out to all those who have lost a love one, a love one that has given their all for their country.





Airman's Creed



I am an American Airman.
I am a Warrior.
I have answered my Nation’s call.

I am an American Airman.
My mission is to Fly, Fight, and Win.
I am faithful to a Proud Heritage,
A Tradition of Honor,
And a Legacy of Valor.

I am an American Airman.
Guardian of Freedom and Justice,
My Nation’s Sword and Shield,
Its Sentry and Avenger.
I defend my Country with my Life.

I am an American Airman.
Wingman, Leader, Warrior.
I will never leave an Airman behind,
I will never falter,
And I will not fail.




Hooah!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize until now what the date 11/11/11 really ment. I only went by what me and my friends do. That is, we wait until 11:11 to make a particular wish. Since, it was 11/11/11 i got excited because i was going to make a huge wish on the 11th month, 11th day, 2011, 11th hr,sec, etc. But, now that i know that it means more than just wishing for random things I can appreciate it even more. My Pop-pop served in the marines when he was younger, and my God brother is serving in the army now. I do honor the people who risk their lives for our country. I think this is a good way to honor the ones who served the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot express the gratitude and respect that I have for the veterans of this country. The sacrifices that our military men and women make are beyond anything that I could fathom. I feel as though our country needs give more support to our veterans after their discharge. There are many veterans suffering with post traumatic stress after their service. After such events, I feel a holiday is not enough. The suicide and depression rate is very high among this population. The fact that they understand the appreciation by our citizens is only a portion of what needs to be done. During war time, these are the people willing to risk their lives for their country and protect those that live there. Regardless of whether we agree with the choice to go to war, these are still the individuals that standup. For this I say thank you and hope that we can give back more than a holiday.

    ReplyDelete