Friday, November 4, 2011

In your Hands


My old dance teacher is having this benefit concert on November 20th. Her dance team and the Uganda Rural Fund are teaming up to raise money for the AIDS orphans and impoverished women and children. All proceeds go to the Uganda Rural Fund. I think it is amazing way to help out while having people enjoy the arts and music. Uganda is struggling. It is usually used as the main example when talking about HIV and AIDS. There are about 1.2 million people in Uganda living with HIV. The number of new infection s exceeds the number of AIDS related deaths. The families that are in poverty and have AIDS are without good medical care. No one should go through with this. The more I researched the topic the more I got upset with the information I was reading. It’s sad. It’s sad to think about 1.2 million people are going through this problem and that there is rarely anything they can really do about the situation. HIV and AIDS is a big dilemma across the world. We need to spend more and more time trying to find a cure for it. I honestly want to do whatever I can to help out. If people read up on the topic they could know and feel more for those people. I’m not saying that they don’t feel, but when someone one knows more about a topic the more they will understand. No one should struggle through an AIDS related illness. My teacher is doing what she can to help out and I personal y find that expiring. You rarely find people that are really devoted to something and stay with it through years and years. She’s been helping out with this situation for over five years. It’s amazing. I want to help out myself as well.


http://www.ugandaruralfund.org/

1 comment:

  1. I also think it is amazing to help out those people who are in need. I saw youtube video that you posted, and it is so sad to see how many children are suffering from poverty. So many people there living with HIV and AIDS and for that reason their children someday become Orphan. There are so many issues beside STDs that take people’s life away all over the world. Even though those might not happen here in the United States, or in Maryland, or in my neighborhood, we should be aware of things happening other side of the world. We live such a busy and individual life we don’t even have time to think about others.

    ReplyDelete