Friday, October 1, 2010

lol =)







I am officially in love with twitter! I love to chat and exchange things with my friends. It is so easy to let them know what I'm doing without actually calling and telling them. Twitter is the best way to communicate with the people you love because you can do it publicly and privately. In January 2010 tech crunch found that found that 75 million people have visited twitter since it was created in July 2006.

Twitter is these easiest way to publish information about you. Your section of the site is completely based on what you like and the things you may value and like to share. With tools like twitpic, retweets, and trending topics; it is easy to keep in touch with your friends and yourself. "Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that allows you answer the question, "What are you doing?" by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called "tweets", to your friends, or "followers"(tweeternet.com).

Twitter is good for a person like me. In it is interchangeable and you can use it for what you want. You have complete control of what happens on the website; therefoe, it give you independence of not being violated. I rarely ever give out my phone number and using this website I do not ever have to. It is an easy can common way to share with my friends without getting annoyed by their text or instant messages. Sometimes I feel like too much communicating is uncomfortable, and breaks the boundaries we try to set up naturally.
When people consider giving away information to their lives they often hesitate. I personally don’t like the idea because you can trust everyone to have the best intentions for you. So when you long into a site like Twitter, you are saying that you are willing to put yourself out there for no particular reason besides entertainment. The idea seems absurd to people who are private and never really are interested in other peoples’ lives.

2 comments:

  1. I have never understood the need for Twitter in a society that also uses Facebook. My niece uses both and has a policy on how to use each and it still doesn’t make sense to me. I have had a twitter account for a few years and I have never posted 1 single thing. On Facebook you can do everything from talk, post pics, check in and message, Twitter seems to me like it comes up short on all fronts. If you can tell me the appropriate usage of Twitter let me know, Ill start using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never used twitter and never really wanted to use twitter. I think its for people that like to update their status more than 10 times a day or "follow" people. (which kind of seems creepy to me)But this is great for if you want to have plenty of status updates. I like facebook a lot and i believe it is a better site than twitter because like what mike said. you can do way more than you can then twitter. But whatever you enjoy is good :)

    ReplyDelete