Monday, October 12, 2009

Electronic Madness

I really don’t like how technology is taking over our lives. I use the internet to log into my email and to check my facebook, but other than that I do not depend on it. There are people who stay on the internet for hours upon hours, doing what I do not know! I know we talked in class on ways to socialize online and I strongly disagree with the whole internet social whatever you want to call it. I mean I call my friends and I use the social networking as a way to keep in touch with old friends, but I do not rely on it every day and I don’t need to be on it all hours of the day. Whatever happened to meeting up with your friends and doing things?? Now a day’s its chatting in the virtual world and not leaving the house? God forbid something goes wrong and we depend so much on the internet or computers that we get lost when it is not available or accessible. I mean I know some people who should just keep their computers or cell phones glued to their bodies! They can’t even put it down for one minute and constantly checking it. Pry away from it and interact with a real live person! It is so aggravating to watch young and old people live like this. I guess call me old fashioned. I just don’t understand the need to be so dependent on something that that isn’t real or I’m not sure what to call it???

2 comments:

  1. I agree that having access to so many electronics is making people less interactive with each other but as we progress into the future everything is about being faster and more efficient. I have to say that I myself am a big user of electronics for this reason and I love it. It makes life so much easier and I personally think it allows me to interact more with people and whenever I want. For example I can text my sister and brother when they are in school and it makes me feel more secure that I have access to them at any time of the day. As far as being online there are plenty of things to do on the internet some may be not so important but are a way to pass time. Although people should enjoy the sheer pleasure of nature and people as well and be around people and nature also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love hate relationship for technology. I hate that it always gets better because when the new iPod comes out that’s the one you have to get because your 4th generation I pod sucks now. Or instead of the ps2 you get the ps3 and maybe in two years there will be a ps4 lol. It also takes time away when I can be spending quality time with my family because I know I’m not going get the time back that I have know with my family. I also love technology because it makes my life so much easier. if I need something I can text or call from anywhere and get it. I’m a lazy person so it makes my life so much easier and that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete