Saturday, October 17, 2009

Radio..love?

Why is every song on the radio about love? Doesn’t it seem like the radio will play love songs the most when either you’re really tired of being single or you just got dumped and going through heartbreak. It’s very rare that there is a song that’s not about love (except for most of today’s rap songs which still talk about having relations with another person so they are still talking about some form of attraction). What is with today’s pop culture with being infatuated with love? Yes, given it’s a great feeling when you have it, but what some music fails to capture is it can also be the worst feeling in the world when you don’t have it anymore. Then again there is music like Brian McKnight who does understand heartbreak…maybe a little bit too much. Even so I don’t like driving down the road being content with my day then hearing a Brain McKnight song about heart break and then start to think about my ex. It’s very unnecessary! Maybe I’m just a bitter single person but correct me if I’m wrong …there are not a lot of songs where the overall message is its ok to be single. Yes, there is Beyonce did have a pop song called “Single Ladies” but she is a happily married women…singing about being single… I just don’t get it. Why is it not sociably acceptable to be single? In my opinion no one should need another human being to complete them. Everyone is born with flaws, even the person who you may fall in love with has flaws meaning they can easily let you down as much as the next person if not more. I say maybe even a little bit more because you put bigger/higher expectations in the person you love so when you get let down by them it hurts more because some false sense of hope you had made you foolishly think they would never do anything to hurt you. I just think Disney movies, music, and movies in general make love overrated. Point blank.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with this! I recently broke up with my boyfriend too and when im drving by myself i hear some sad song thats about love and i get all depressed and i start to miss and i feel like calling him and talking to him when the whole day i dont even think about him. As soon as i step in the car i hear If i aint got you baby by alicias keys and i get all emotional and them my whole day is ruined and im just like WTF. I guess socity looks as it if your single you're not happy and that if your are with someone then your happy its gay but i think soceitys goal is for people to get married and die together and half of married people ending up divoring anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play a little love song. I love love songs. In fact I have gotten over relationships gone bad with the help of love songs. Listening to the lyrics helped me feel there was hope for a successful relationship in the future. And they have also helped me by expressing things that helped me to let the love go. I feel like lots of people have gotten through heart break and unfortunate situations with the help of love songs. I just as you said the radios seem to constantly play them, so the listeners must be asking for it. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but a love song can be good therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the fact that love song are being played on the radio alot. During times of a recession or depression such as now people seem to turn to love as an uplifting. Love can make you forget about the lack of money you have or to the old who just lost there life savings in the stock market. This proves that in the end, when all the money is gone, you can count on love. As sad as this may seem, no one wants to be alone in this world. Humans are dependent creatures, for food shelter and emotional fullfilment. Blessed is the man or woman who needs no one.

    ReplyDelete