Friday, November 19, 2010

MAN I LOVE THE WINTER


Who doesn't like the winter!?

I mean really. Sometimes you get no school, no work, no worries. You get to layer up like the kid from The Christmas Story, and make snowmen, snow angels, sled, snowboard, ski, whatever tickles your pickle! Yeah, sure it's a little cold, but that's what jackets, gloves, and snow boots are for!

Now living in Maryland, you get the best of both worlds. A really hot summer, and a really harsh winter. Who doesn't love a good snowstorm? It gives you the excuse to either stay inside and relax, make some hot cocoa and sit by a warm fire, OR you can put on a few sweatshirts, go outside and enjoy God's dandruff.

Whatever you choose, you can't lose. Yeah sure, the fall is great. Beautiful scenery, you never know if mother nature will give you a hot or a cold day. Who doesn't love putting on a pair of shorts only for it to be just under 50 degrees outside, or vice versa. Give me a break, with the winter, you KNOW what you have to wear. You know you need to put on 2-3 undershirts, throw over a Northface, and you're good to go. You wont walk outside and be hit with a 80 degree heat front.

Snowball fights, sledding, snow forts, tunneling, snowboarding, skiing, shoveling snow (who doesn't love that?), what else could you ask for? As long as I get a nice, hot summer, I can deal with a few months of some good snow. What better way to let your inner-child out then to belt your dad with a few good snowballs?

4 comments:

  1. Winter time in Maryland is both good and bad. I am from Georgia area and we don't have winters like here in Maryland. My first snow storm was a lot of fun and shoveling snow with neighbors was interesting. However, these freezing days when I had to stand at the bus stop was rough. I know now that I prefer warmer climates and would rather travel a weekend to a snow covered city. It may be my background of living in a hot climate and not ever having snow storms. I try to make the best of the snow days, but these 30 degree days are cold cold cold. No use whining however, because those days are back around again, luckily now I have a car with heat. So here we go again. I'm going to make the best of this winter, get a bigger coat, warmer hat and gloves and just hope for the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, this blog was just... hilarious. Very nice work. But uh, I for one am not a... HUGE fan of swimming in God's dandruff. I mean, I don't hate going out in the snow, I just dislike opening my door and yelling several colorful words because I can't see in front of me. So snow is cool, just I want to be able to exit my house if need be. I must say, spring and fall are my favorites. You get just enough of both temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the winter months too. One of my favorite things to do is to relax by the fireplace during a heavy snow. Love to snowboard, not very good at skiing, and having to take a sip of bourbon to help warm up never hurts either. (Really any excuse to drink is ok in my book) The ONE thing I don't like about Maryland winters are the Maryland drivers. A couple flakes of snow on the ground and there's a 30 car pile up on the beltway. Other than that, not much to complain about here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of yall are crazy winter sucks so much its ridiculous... aint nothing good about it except the love people happen to find in their hearts around Christmas times and the new year resolutions and tryin to see if theyll stick with it... as for the weather and all that stuff. im like scrooge. snow sucks, its cold and wet... when has cold and wet ever been good? when can someone tell me?

    ReplyDelete