Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"choose life your mother did"

I never understood why so many girls get abortions. I don’t understand why they can’t just use protection or get on birth control. I know and understand things happen but there are ways to prevent it. I feel as though people don’t have right to take life. I was driving today and I saw a bumper sticker and it said “choose life your mother did” and I was like damn and it really got to me because I felt like women don’t realize why they are here because their mothers didn’t choose to abort them and I feel like many people don’t see that. Girls have sex and get pregnant and certain situations come up like money problems or problems with parents which are understandable but why in the first place would you go have sex knowing the outcome. Everyone is educated about sex through middle school and high school. They are taught about different ways to protect themselves. I think people think abortion is the ok because it makes life easier for them. Abortions are not always safe they are harmful to the person that gets one it could cause a person to become sterile and not have kids in the future. I understand there are situations where it would be ok to get an abortion like if a girl was raped and she got pregnant and she didn’t want to keep the baby because of the pain it would cause her emotionally and mentally. There is also if a female is pregnant and the birth of the baby is going harm her or the fact there is something wrong with the baby. There are situations that abortion could be used for that are humane but I don’t think abortion is the right thing because when life is created it is not meant to be taken. It’s for it to grow and have life.

1 comment:

  1. This topic is so conterversal. I understand what your saying but everyone has different mind sets and situations that is happing with them when they decide to get a abortion. Yes some women do chose to have a abortion to save their own asses but there are some women who maybe cant afford to give the life that they want for their child and things along that matter. I agree that everyone is taught sex ed in middle school and highschool but alot of people live with that false sense of "that wouldnt ever happen to me." Then when it does they are like..wow oh shit. Bottom line is we all make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete