Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the so called independent female

This may sound a little sexist but growing up in Africa i learned that a females role was really just to cook, clean, take care of the kids, and stuff like that. I also learned that females that were not at that stage of life yet were suppose to start developing characteristics and traits that would help them in those task. But when i came to America, i saw that it was different here. Females out here have a bigger role in society but with that being said they still exhibited the characteristics of a female with the goal of motherhood and all that comes with that. But that was then and this is now. the female of the present day is a whole different being all together. females now days like to refer to themselves as divas, boss, and "miss independent". Diva is said to be a female version of a hustler, while miss independent is a female that doesn't depend on males for anything. she got her own house, her own car, her own, and does what she wants whenever she wants. I'm not saying all females are like this but i would say from my generation down this is all what they striving for. At first i didn't mind the whole movement of the new female till it start effecting me personally. So not to long ago i start talking to this girl right. At first I'm like man this girl bad, cool, smart, and funny; So I'm sitting there saying to myself ima wife her. So one day i ask her how would you describe yourself in one word. Tell me why this girl called herself a diva. So being the nice guy that i am i chose not to hang up on her and i asked her how would she describe a diva. She started by saying as beyonce would "a female version of a hustler". then proceeded to say "I'm a boss, i do what i want whenever i want. i don't need no dude for nothing but for some fun every now and then. and sometimes now even that."and eventually she finished by saying" if he don't like it then he can leave, ill get another one". So the whole time while she talking I'm telling myself there is no way the girl just let those words come out here mouth. like here got this smart, beautiful girl , with a mindset of a dude. yo someone please tell what these females are thinking...

3 comments:

  1. Well coming from my point of view I personally like an independent woman who can handle her own. I say this because she can be my backbone when I need her. In my opinion I see nothing wrong with an intellingent woman who works hard to be successful in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand why you were probably like wow she is talking crazy... but alot of females are like her. I'm like her myself...so i'll just explain to you how I think. She probably has depended on herself and only herself to get what she wants for a long time...so isnt trying to to depend on any guy because guys can just easily walk away and leave...and if she got use to depending on that guy...what does she have when he leaves? she is back to depending on herself..so why not cut out the middle man and just stay dependent on yourself. I don't know if that made complete sense...but i tried lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro, I totally with you on this one. But this problem is far-reaching. Also you have to look who is claiming to be a "diva," "Ms. Boss," or "independent." Its black women, no one else. And that is totally due to the maltreatment they are receiving from their black men. In songs you hear how the rappers are calling them everything under the sun except for the wonderful, beautiful, intelligent creatures that they are. Instead, you hear how you can mistreat, abuse, and demoralize a girl and then move on to the next one. In these songs, you are learning the tricks of the trade for keeping a woman under the heel of what is considered to be a dominant male. It's all garbage. So what I think the female singers who are attuned to this situation are doing is reversing the garbage by claiming their worth in society as being a boss or diva. Yes, you can claim something so that others cannot take it from you, but I don’t think you fight garbage with garbage. If you are a diva and think you are all that, I wouldn’t want to be around you, and I don’t think other guys would like to be around you too. This problem also deals with the power struggles that exist between men and women. You can clearly see that women are attempting to claim some power by calling themselves divas and bosses. I’m all for that, but I wouldn’t want anyone to get stepped on in the process. That’s all I’m saying.

    ReplyDelete