Tuesday, September 29, 2009

RACISM---WTF!!


Why are people programed to believe that one race is inferior or that one skin tone looks better? Who created this national stigma? How do we know that what we are told about "THE PAST" -- is actually what occurred or how much of it is true? Why do we hold certain racial tension against one certain group more than another? And why is it that certain ethnic backgrounds feel like they or we were treated more worse when from texts almost every ethnic background were mistreated, murdered, abused, banned from certain places and things but yet today it seems that one or few races only are focused on? I feel like its a bunch of bull crap yeah be mad if you want for that statement but I feel like its a social problem that only exists in minds of people that want it to. Being racist is a choice. Yes it can be taught through words and actions from loved ones growing up to pay attention to actions of others on the streets, but you pay attention to these actions because someone has previously brought it to Ur attention. Rather it be on tv, newspapers, protesters, or activists, it is still an influence behavior. That's just what I feel. I have seen from early childhood growing up in Washington DC--- so -so -so -so much racial tension between blacks and whites but even since I can remember--- and this was since kindergarten--- that I remember. People have always felt discriminated against in some way either by another race and even by their own. But it has never mattered to me the skin color or appearance of a person. Shit people of the same race as me can be ugly as shit. But who am I to say what an ugly person is supposed to look like. And have we been programed to think(key word think) that only certain people are pretty despite what race they are. See again a bunch of bull shit! I think people need to just imagine in their brain that maybe everything we say happened might not of happened the way we are told and were programed to believe. Its like the telephone game u tell one person something and by the end of the line its all screwed up. Its not at all the exact thing that was said. This is proof!!!! So common sense is--- if you have any that racial tension and racism was created, extended to false accusation primarily because of someones insecurity. A social problem.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that racism exists as a social problem only if people want it to, but just like you said you were programmed to think that certain people are attractive or certain people are ugly, many others were programmed to think that certain races are superior to other races. It’s not something where we can be like ok everyone needs to just think the same thing now. Everyone has a mind of their own and what I think is right maybe not be something that everyone else thinks is right and that is where conflict occurs. Unfortunately every one doesn’t want the social problem to diminish and that contributes to racism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the fact that race is still such a huge issue. I don’t understand why people make assumptions on you about the color of your skin it’s ignorant. I got in a fight with this girl and she was messaging me on face book and she was like you're dark and I was like WTF I’m proud of my skin color. It hit me that people are still so racist and it was sad. It sad how everything a job where you live it’s all judged on you by the color of your skin. You would think people would learn not to be like that but there are people that are still the same and especially people in today’s generations its sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are still living in the past and cant get over the grudges of different races. Some people doesnt respect the boundaries of other races. For example when you travel to different neighborhoods some people wont cross over to different areas because they are afraid of where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like more and more of the population are becoming mixed in some way so I hate that racsim is such a big issue to. But thats honestly something that will never go away. I'm black and white so I hear it from both worlds and idk how i am suppose to react sometimes when someone says something offensive to one part of my race lol..im just like um..ok...

    ReplyDelete