Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Procrastination...the worst

Procrastination runs rapid through everyone, there is no denying it. If someone actually tries to say they have never procrastinated before they are bold face lying. If you haven’t procrastinated before then what medication are you on to focus and how much does it cost? Procrastination seems to creep up when you know you have limited time and it’s something very important that needs to be completed. It’s so irritating how your mind can be set to finish that paper but that feeling just stops you from actually typing the paper. When you are in that state of mind the slightest thing can be distracting. God forbid you have to use the internet for the assignment because facebook will be right around the corner.(I’ve gotten so bad that I will automatically type in the facebook address when I really mean to go to a different website) Facebook is about one the most in genius websites ever created. If someone could add up all the hours I have spent on facebook in a life time I think I would probably have to really take out time to re-evaluate my life and then procrastinate on re-evaluating my life by being on facebook. But hey, refreshing your home page over and over again to make sure you don’t have a new notification sure does beat focusing on homework. Or even taking a quiz like “What type of alcohol are you?!” is more entertaining than doing homework or actual work. Procrastination always involves focusing on something that really won’t matter the next day and ironically the thing you are suppose to be doing will most likely matter then next day. Why as human beings do we have a focusing problem? Why does procrastination even occur? (I’m a firm believer that everyone has a slight case of A.D.D.)

4 comments:

  1. I definitely have to agree with you. I myself procrastinate a lot and know a lot of people that do it as well. It’s not necessarily a good thing to do but it’s not so bad at times either. I think that when you have to do something you really don’t want to do almost everything becomes that much more distracting or sometimes people don’t even think about doing something until the last minute. It’s hard to have control over your mind and just do something when it’s supposed to be done but it has to be done. I think that find a motivation to do something might help reduce procrastination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have to agree with you here that we all procrastinate. I am guilty! I have been so bad that I have had to actually write notes to myself in order to make deadlines. I mean I know I have something to do, but I will put it off. It's like I will get distracted so easily from my focus. And this is what leads to my procrastinating in most instances. I can say that I have gotten better. Im much better, in fact. But I think most people procrastinate because they have too many things to do. Although some people are just lazy. I feel that if anyone out there is a procrastinator time management is the key to helping this problem. I feel if we manage our time well we won't be under pressure to make deadlines and it helps us to get those tasks done in a timely fashion. Well at least this has been helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with this because like the majority of people i myself also procrastinate. I think everyone does it! i feel like i am mmore pressured to do my work when i do it at the last minute. despite the fact that i never have enough time to finish. i dont think there is any resolution to this problem unless a person is motivatted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Procrastination is one of my worst attributes. This blog response is actually due to complete procrastination. What is even worse is the amount of procrastination that I do in my History class. My History class is one of those classes that feeds procrastination. There are deadlines for each assignment but there is no penalty for turning in an assignment late. That means that you can turn any assignment in whenever you want, including the end of the semester. So I procrastinated until the end of the semester and when the final day of classes came around, I had a 12 page research paper, two three-page papers and a whole novel to read in one night. I think that could be the epiphany of procrastination.

    ReplyDelete