Monday, September 28, 2009

What's real?

It seems like as the years go on the skinnier women get, boobs get ridiculously overdone, lips huge, and now butt implants! I mean come on has this world sunk so low to depend on looks and what is on the outside? Yea I could sit here and say I love every part about me, but that would be a lie. I am not so unhappy that I feel like I need to look like someone else other than me. Look at Marilyn Monroe; she was a full figured woman back in the day. What happened to thinking that was beautiful? As you see the years go on women in the limelight are getting to be like skeletons. Who is the one saying that if you look like this then you are beautiful??? I thought we were always taught to be who you are and be proud of that? I guess things are going to keep on changing and I just have to deal with it. I guess these images are taken from the famous people in our society. Who are those people who are going around judging who is more beautiful? They have that one magazine with “The world’s top 50 beautiful people.” What is there a job out there where you get to be God and judge who is better than? That really irritates me that our society is being consumed by so called “beauty,” when all it is just being fake!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with this! The standards they force onto women these days are ridiculous and very unrealistic. People should be recognized for their inner beauty more than their outter beauty. If anything this nation should be concentrating more on the health of it's citizens, instead of their outter appearence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respectifully desagree,"beauty" is not being "all just being fake." It is true that Holliwood women are under pressure to keep a certain look, but that has to do with the type of job there are doind, just like models have to be within a certain height and weight, like football players have to have a certain physique,like B all this has to do with what the industry requirements are, some companies require you to have a Masters degree to be hired, and for Hollywood, certain looks are required for the job. Do I think that there are people who go over board with changing their looks because of pressure? Ofcourse I do, but I don't think that anybody who has plastic surgery because they want to change something they don't like on their body is "being fake", inner beauty is very important to happiness, high self-esteem, high confidence and even high success. If you feel happy in your body, by all means don't change anything; remember, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". My issue is those who claim to be happy with themselves but hate those who wants to look slimer, is that being really happy, or it that jealousy? I am for being healthy, and happy, but sometime we straitch the term being "full figure". If you don't want to loose weight for esthetic reason, then do it for health reason, being over weight increasing chance to get all kinds of diseases, heart disease, high blood pressure to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, agree with you, and agree with you!!! Sorry for the redundancy, but things are getting crazy. A belly tuck? A shot of botox? What the hell is going on in the world? When did it become commonplace to have a procedure in the place of exercise or healthy eating habits? I dislike how a list would define how you rank/rate yourself on beautiful you are. And let’s not even go to the magazines that purport what women are to look like- foolishness. There is a show, Nip/Tuck, that I believe helps people to look at what they are really doing to themselves when they have these procedures. It looks at the repercussions of the choices they make in order to satisfy some demented goal. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” An old adage whose meaning has eroded as the quest for looking younger and beautiful has infiltrated our thoughts and behaviors.

    ReplyDelete